Subscribe

Recent Posts

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

I'm Back

Hi y'all!  (ummm, no, I haven't acquired a southern accent in my absence ......I'm just trying to set a friendly tone and nothing like a happy 'hi y'all!' for that)

Plus in an email I wrote earlier today, I threw-in a "y'all" and it made me feel good. (Perhaps I should acquire a southern accent?)

So I know.  I have been absent.  I had lunch with a close friend today (hi Patricia!) and when the subject rolled around to my blog, or more precisely the lack of it, Patricia announced that the the last post I'd written was March 7th.  Which shocked me that she knew the date so precisely off the top of her head. 

I'll bet you're also thinking I was shocked to realize it's been nearly two months since my last post.  But I'm not.  You can't write a blog and then not write a blog and be shocked by it's absence.  It's a bit like losing a baby .......and then wondering two months later ........where's the baby?

So I have 5,000 excuses reasons why I have bailed on You Must Take Your Chance but for simplicity's sake let's just distill it down to one--I've been in no shape to take a chance for awhile.  Not to worry.  Nothing earth-shattering has happened to me the likes of which haven't been happening to you either.  Just life.  And my need--as I mentioned in my last post on March 7th, to hiberate (which was a great analogy in March when it was still bitterly cold, but on this balmy day in May isn't working for me) so let's just say my need--to be quiet for awhile. 
My dictionary defines chrysalis as "2. A protected stage of development" (after "1. A pupa, esp. of a butterfly, enclosed in a firm case or cocoon." which is not where I'm going here, although the butterfly metaphor is a lovely one .....perhaps one day?) 

No, I'm not assuming I'm emerging as a butterfly, but this post is assuming that I am emerging, evolved somehow.  I feel the words (wings?) waking up inside me, ready to stretch and feel the sun. 

It feels good to be back ya'll ...... I've missed you.
 

6 comments:

Delana@dujour said...

Oh...welcome back! I've missed you and actually been worried about you. I understand the need to take a break once in awhile and keep everything in the cocoon with you but I'm glad you're breaking out again. Take a deep breath. It will be time to fly again very soon.

Laurie said...

Thank you Delana .....you dearest are a total inspiration to me. I shall hop on over to Du Jour to see how you're doing!

Andi said...

Happy - happy- happy! I am beyond thrilled to see you back! Are you staying?

that's J-O-S-H said...

Thank GOD you're still around! I've missed my most dedicated reader!

Laurie said...

Andi: yes I'm staying :-) Thanks for happiness!

J-O-S-H: SO nice! Lurrv you. I was in NYC two weeks ago & sent you an email about hoping we could meet, but guess you didn't get?

Laurie said...

But J-O-S-H: not trying to make you feel bad!

Post a Comment